Projects in Reading U3A
- Reading Town Study Group researchers take 3 towns each year - 2 months study plus visit
- Possible project researching aspects of Reading
- The history of Baptists in Reading, whose church there was established in the aftermath of the Civil War
- Discover the hidden history of Woodley in a shared learning project with Wokingham and Reading U3As. Woodley has grown from a few scaered coages and farms into a suburb of Reading, but has kept its sense of community.
- Reading U3A has compared lifelong learning in the UK and Germany, using the established town twinning arrangements
- Members of Reading U3A worked with the Berkshire Industrial Archaeology Group which has restored a water wheel at a silk mill and a horse wheel at a National Trust property, among other projects