Projects registered under the topic Research
- Research Ideas from the Third Age (RITA) submitted by 15 U3As in North East Region
- U3A contributed to transforming the way research is carried out within Newcastle University
- Introduction to archives at LMA - acquisitions, cataloguing, reprographics, conservation, cleaning processes and storage.
- Barnet's Family History Group took on the challenge of researching a genuine but unknown marriage certificate (bought at an antique fair) and used it as a case study to build up a history of the two families involved. This provided basic research knowledge for members to use when tracing their own ancestors.
- Young and old learning together - Seaham Harbour U3A compared how it's done here and in Germany